Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 November 2011

One life to live - So live, love, praise, rejoice, it away. xx

A boil has suddenly sprouted over my right eye and it itches, hurts and is just a general nuisance. I can't wear sunglasses as using my contacts at this time is a no-no, so got my specs on. Avoiding people and bright sunlight (not like the UK has any!!!)  is eminently desirable as I model the new look in designer eyes - swollen & half-closed! LOL

Now this boil has picked the best of times! I am meant to have a reunion on Saturday and a 1st date on Sunday. Now, trying to peer out of a painful swollen half-shut teary eye is not part of my planned look for either event so unless it clears up quick smart, my weekend plans are getting cancelled.

My builder's sick so work has crashed to a halt on the kitchen. I've been trying to write recently and the words are dead/stale/flat. My insomnia's come knocking again. I've put on 4 lbs. And I still can't get one stupid poignant song out of my head!! *grhhhhhh* 

But I sit here, typing away in bed, I can tell you that I am having a blast. LIFE  is fun. Okay, please don't call the men in white coats! The pus from the boil hasn't leaked into my brain (yet!) LOL. Bola Essien-Nelson (Diary of a Desperate Nigerian Woman), shared a status update on 'living life' and it got me thinking and writing and inspired this blog postcard. 

Life is meant to be lived. It is meant to be enjoyed. Don't worry it away. Don't regret it away. Don't waste it away. Don't cry it away. Don't nag it away. Don't hate it away. Don't complain it away. Instead: Praise it away. Pray it away. Give it away (to GOD). Bless it away (to others). Dance it away. Laugh it away. Love it away. Rejoice it away. Above all, LIVE this one life in the fullness that GOD intends for you.

Guess I sounds a lil disjointed and nutso. But hey, I'll share one of my favourite verses in the bible.

Zephaniah 3:17. "For the Lord your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty saviour. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will exalt over you by singing a happy song."

See, GOD is rejoicing over you and me with gladness. He is calming all our fears by flooding our hearts with the knowledge of His love. BUT (and this always blows my mind), He is SO happy to have you (and me) in HIS life, that He is SINGING a happy song. GOD, singing a happy song over me???? Me? WOW! 

We've been given this amazing gift of life - we have just one life to live. LIVE IT with GOD!!!

xx

No comments: